Monday, January 5, 2009

Peeping Tom

We have windows next to our shower in our bathroom. The glass is frosted for privacy, but we open one of the windows a little for ventilation. Our shower is on the second floor, and the window is high so I thought I was safe from prying eyes.
On the other side of the window is a tree. I was looking out the window today while I was washing. I noticed something in the tree moving. I'm always looking for the monkey because he makes the dog go berserk.
The more I looked at the tree the more my eyes started to focus on what was making the branches move. It was a bright green parrot. He blended perfectly with the leaves of the tree. Then my eyes focused a little more....
It was a tree full of bright green parrots...talking and hopping from branch to branch...putting on a show for my entertainment... then I realized they were watching me as much as I was watching them.
It was one of the things I love about living here. Good or bad, small or big... everyday offers an experience that is different from anything I would witness back in the U.S.

No comments: