Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A New Year


It’s that time again…time to start with a fresh slate…time to overcome the failures of last year…time to make New Year’s resolutions.
I read this quote on another blog…”As the sun rises on a new day are you the person you want to be, are you leading the life you want?” (Sounds like the opening of a soap opera)
Here is a list of New Year’s resolutions for the sentimental person:
· Show my loved ones just how much I care
· Give back to mother earth.
· Have a spiritual break through.
· Learn something from everyone you meet.
· Count my blessings.
· Enjoy life more
· Help others


Typically, the New Year is a time to set new goals, and get a fresh outlook on what we want to accomplish for the year. Statistics show that the first few weeks we stick to our goals, then slowly go back to our old ways.
Here is my list of no fail New Year’s resolutions:
· Watch more T.V.
· Eat more pizza and fried foods
· Exercise less
· Gain at least 5 pounds
· Write less
· Be crankier
· Become a little less organized
· Talk more on the phone
· Play more on the internet
· Procrastinate more
· Don’t throw shoes at politicians

It’s always fun to go back and look at your past New Year’s resolutions and see how you have failed miserably. Here is a list of past resolutions I have made and broken:
· Lose weight
· Exercise everyday
· Eat healthier
· Be more patient
· Learn a new language
· Save money
· Learn how a car works
· Learn to break dance

Here is my list of expat living in India New Year’s resolutions:
· Don’t go bonkers when you get that call that goes “Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello, Hello…” (My record is 43 hello’s back and forth)
· To be less judgmental.
· Don’t sic my dog on the beggars at the stop lights…have car doors hooked up to tazer gun instead.
· Come up with an answer for when people ask me, “Why are you living in India?”
· I will find a way to make it seem less like bragging when I tell my friends and family all the great places I visit.
· I will stop asking my driver to take me to that place…you know…we went there last month…it’s on that street…
· Don’t use my x-ray strength high beams to get back at bad drivers
· I will not shoot the potato gun at the guard who blows his whistle outside of my house all night. Instead I will fill a water gun with sugar water…mosquitoes love it!

Here is my real list of New Year’s resolutions:
· I resolve not to click on the ‘remind me later’ button 12 times every time I start my computer.
· I resolve…to…get…my “…’s” under control.
· Figure out how to use my i-phone.
· Stop wasting time blogging and finish my book.
· I will spend some time with a neglected child…my own.
· I will volunteer less.


Here is a list of John’s New Year’s resolutions:
· I will get into the bathtub without my mother resorting to threats, bribes and blackmail.
· I will limit the time I play video games to 5 hours a day.
· I will not tease the dog by slowly and luxuriously eating my grilled cheese sandwich.
· I will stop hanging around girls…until they find a cure for cooties.

Here is a list of Scruff the Bungaram Kouka’s (Telugu for golden dog) New Year’s resolution:
· I will finally get that monkey that teases me with his tail.
· I will only beg for the food I would like to eat…no more begging for bannana’s and tomatoes only to find out that I still don’t like them
· I will stop barking at the garbage man everyday…after all it’s not exactly my garbage he’s taking. (Yes, garbage men come every day in India)

Whatever your resolution...I guess it boils down to being a better person this year than last year.


No comments: