Thursday, April 3, 2008

Coolest laptop ever in the history of laptops

I've been having problems with my laptop for almost a year now. It doesn't seem to hold a charge, and turns itself off periodically. There is no 'Geek Squad' in India, so I asked the guy who works for the internet service to help me. The standard answer I got, "You have a virus you should run an anti virus program"... That will be 300 rupees.
I'm no expert, but I don't think I have a virus, I think I have a battery problem, or an electrical problem.
The other day Scott pulled my laptop off the shelf (where it has been collecting dust) to get some of the i-tunes he has stored on it. He plugged it in and promptly shocked himself. Not bzzzt ouch, but bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzt vibrate, clench teeth, drop laptop, expletive. I don't think that is a virus issue.
Anyway, Scott is alive and his hair seems so much fuller than before the laptop shock.
For my birthday, I am taking a short trip to the U.S. I am hoping while I am there I will have time to purchase a new laptop. I did a little research and I found my dream computer. I don't know anything about how much memory it has or how fast it is. It doesn't seem ultra small or light. What it is... it's the coolest laptop ever in the history of laptops. And here is a picture.


Here is the site I found it on.

http://www.datamancer.net/steampunklaptop/steampunklaptop.htm

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that's a laptop that must have been custom-designed for J. Pierpont Morgan, or at least a Rockefeller or a Dupont. If you lived in a mansion, it would fit nicely into your library decor of leather, fine wood and other expensive materials.

It's a laptop for a writer, all right, but wouldn't you feel as though you'd have to write the Great American novel or something equally important, to justify owning such a classy computer?

Katia said...

Yeah, I'd worry about the weight, too. And imagine going through airport security with such a piece of antiquity :))

LeRoux Life Art said...

go for it robyn.
I do like antiquities and it seems
to fit right in.
Love to you and the family!

daniel said...

Maybe you can find me a new laptop to replace the frankenstein laptop that mom got me like 6 years ago that I am still trying to use for school and church. Can you believe the think has 256 MB of ram and like a 30GB hard drive you cant even get something without 512 MB of ram and a lot bigger hard drive. Anyways the laptop looks right up your ally.