Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Branson, Missouri

When the Monsoons hit in Hyderabad at the same time John's school goes on a summer break. We like to travel and reconnect with friends and family.
My parents have semi-retired to Branson, Missouri and John and I spend about a month with them while Scott slaves away in Hyderabad to pay for our life of leisure.
If you do not know anything about Branson, it can be summed up by saying it is a family friendly version of LasVegas.
This is the Wilderness Church in Branson... it's my favorite church of all time. Obviously it's a log cabin that seats about 50 people, an old piano and a tree trunk podium. There is a huge plate glass window that overlooks the beautiful Ozark hills.
Scott better watch it... he's got competition.
Here is a picture of John practicing for the streets of Hyderabad.
John took this picture of me at the Butterfly Palace.
Here is John with his cousins Malena and Laraya at Silver Dollar City... SDC is my favorite theme park in the world. It's theme is the turn of the century (20th) and everyone dresses like it's 1880... as they flip the switches that run the modern roller coasters.
Sorry John... I had to put this in there it's too funny. We rode on so many rollar coasters and rides, ate so much 'amusment park' food I thought it would be nice change of pace to go on a tour of the marvel cave. Of all the places to get sick, John gets sick walking through a huge cave.
I am the "Mother of the Year" so I took a picture.
I am such a mean horrible mother that I forced my poor neglected son to ride a horse... It took about a week to talk him into getting on the horse and everyday after he begged me to take him again.
Here is John on a climbing wall.
Here is John and me tubing on Table Rock Lake
John writing a post card to his dad... it arrived to India 2 months later.
Look out tower and a Latte.
John at the Butterfly Palace. If you look closely you can see a cute little pheasant on the ground.

No comments: