Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Paris

When we came back to India this summer, we stopped off for a visit to beautiful Paris, France.

Here I am looking out our hotel window.
Near our hotel was a traveling carnival... John loved the fun house.
Here is John and me waiting for our train.
Here is Scott and John in front of the big arch thing... some people call it the Arc de Triomphe.
They had these bicycles you could rent per hour in Paris... I think it's a great idea. Get your citizens in shape and save the planet. I wonder if this is something that would work in India or America?
Scott and John in front of the Eiffel Tower.
I wonder if there is a picture or angle of the Eiffel tower that hasn't already been shot?
John and Scott standing in the exact middle under the tower.
Waiting in line to walk up those stairs.
View from the tower.
Ditto...
This is one way to watch a street entertainer and not feel guilty for not tipping them.
Another view from the tower.
Yet another view from the tower.
John and me.
Resting under a shade tree.
This is my favorite picture of the E.T. (That's how cool people say Eiffel Tower).
John eating a very french hot dog.
John and me at the fun house... we would pass the carnival every time we went back to the hotel.
John at the Louvre.
Scott was such a fun person to see some of these pictures... his comments kept us laughing. This one was, "Why did I move so close to the airport?"
John wanted to know why so many of the works of art were naked... I told him about the beauty of the human body... he looked at me like I was nuts... so I told him clothes are to hard to paint and carve out of marble. This seemed to make more sense to him.
Me and John in front of Aphrodite
Scott and John giggling about something?
John loved the Egyptian display.
The people must have been a lot smaller when they built this castle.
Joan of Arc
John back at the fun house... are you seeing a trend?
The weather in Paris was amazing the sky's were this blue everyday we were there.
John loose on the streets of Paris.
Scott and John on the train.
Sainte Chapelle Cathedral is gorgeous!
More Sainte Chapelle
These stained glass windows are so detailed, and there are so many it's hard to show how breath taking they are in a photo.
Robyn and John.
John under a carving of Noah's Arc... he had seen the play Noah just before we left America and found this stone carving very interesting.
John and Mom at a Cafe.
Notre Dame Cathedral.
Robyn and John in front of Notre Dame.
These stone carvings at Notre Dame were so interesting, but out of all of these men...
Is there one that might stand out a little from the rest?
One that maybe forgot to pay the stone mason?
Scott and John over the River Seine
John and Scott in front of a fountain at the Modern art museum.
Robyn and John.
Museum of Modern Art.
Streets of Paris
Everywhere we went John would order an Orangeina... Orange juice with bubbles what could be better?
John looking for antiques... maybe we can buy Napoleon's bath tub, or maybe Napoleon's girdle, or maybe Napoleon's shoe laces?
Wow... I wonder if the rooms are triangle shaped?
Scott, Freddy, and John at the Hard Rock Cafe. Our wiater sang to us the Bohemian Rhapsody in a French accent... Here's a fun fact: Did you know that Freddy Mercury is P.I.O. (Person of Indian Origin)?
On our way out to see some sights.
Waiting in line at Disney.
More lines at Disney.
Even more lines at Disney.
End of the day at Disney.
This a picture of Scott after coffee... the Indian internet filters wouldn't allow me to put the pre-coffee picture. (Too grusome!)
The Louvre.
John and Scott loose on the streets of Paris.
Advertisement for Euro Disney.
John and me on the train.
It's so inspiring to walk by these historic buildings.
Gandhi Rocks! Even in French.
This was an advertisement in the subway for a movie... I don't quite know if the ad made me want to see the movie or not?
My guys.
John on a slide in Paris... look at the top, there is a neon American Flag.
John eating snails.
Scott eating snails.
This is John on the train after the snail restaurant... I think he still has the snail in his mouth.
What better way to end my Blog of Paris than to show you a picture of my weary son on our way back to our hotel on the train with some snoggers in the background... yes Paris is a romantic city.

No comments: