Sunday, October 26, 2008

Oregon

My Father-in-law and his wife live in the most beautiful part of the U.S. (my opinion). The Oregon coast.

John, Scott and John... confusing, huh?

John, John and Scott in front of an enormous fish tank at the Oregon Coast Aquarium.

John doing a seal impression.

The kings of crab in front of a king crab.

One of my favorite things... crabbing. Here is Anne, Scott, Jerry, Marge, John and me on the dock... only caught one that day.

At low tide, Seal Rock beach is an interesting place to see. You can walk on what was below water an hour before. You can see starfish, and urchins, little fish caught in tide pools. Seagulls scavenging for clams and muscles.

Here is a picture of a tide pool. There is a starfish under the rock and some urchins. My father-in-law has taken a picture here before with a rainbow of starfish and urchins.

John and Scott.

John

No one here but us crabs.

Scott and John on the path to the beach.

Scott and me... John took the picture.

Tide-pool-John.

John looking out as far as he can see... trying to see India I think.

John

They say Oregon is where the forest meets the sea.

Robyn, John and Scott in front of Alsea Falls.

Anne, John, Buttons, and Daisy.

Scott and John on a forest path.

Racing up the path.

No comments: